College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

My CFP 2018 Rankings

-3 HS
NGBuck21's picture
November 26, 2018 at 11:08pm
4 Comments

I have done my own rankings every year since the playoff. I'll fully admit I have my own bias when it comes to college football. I only like conference champions to be considered because it is an on the field accomplishment. Independents and Group of 5 are considered but they have some hurdles to overcome. I also make FCS teams 0-11 if teams schedule them. I also wanted 6 or 8 teams from the beginning with power 5 champs, best group of 5 champ, and 2 at large spots. My criteria has bias but at least it's a formula that lets every single school know what it needs to do to be considered. No human subjectivity about the "best." I love the regular season but if we have people deciding who is best to get in, then why not just let them pick who is best at the end and crown them. With how the committee is I'd much rather use the BCS to decide or go back to pre-BCS and let the committee decide who looks best at the end. No other major sport decides their playoff that way or their champion as "best" has nothing to do with it. The NFL teams know what they need to do. And if your conference is stacked some years that happens as it's cyclical. As for 9-4 teams getting in I'd nuke divisions like the Big 12 has done. That way your top 2 get in no matter what.

Anyway...

In this scenario OU would need to lose for OSU to jump up to 4. And if OU didn't lose all OSU had to do was beat Purdue and they would be in the field.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 4 Comments