College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Being an Early Enrollee. How Hard is That to Pull Off?

+3 HS
BBQ_Fan's picture
February 16, 2018 at 1:09pm
30 Comments

Keep seeing the growth in the number of Early Enrollees.  Great opportunity for these kids to get on campus and get acclimated to college-level classes and the expectations for training and life at the new level.  They typically miss out on HS milestones such as prom, spring graduation, etc.  Regardless, good for them and their dedication.

I'm curious about how much advanced planning it takes to achieve this objective.  If you think you are good enough to get a scholarship, are you taking classes every summer after your freshman year?  Do kids load up on classes during the year? Or is it really not that hard to graduate High School?  How do they do it? 

I partly ask because I went to a college prep-school run by a Catholic Diocese (similar to a Moeller, St. Ignatius, etc.).  There was no graduating early.  I will say that it was hard and it prepared me well enough, that in many respects, college was easier. (I earned a full year of college credit while still in HS, but enough about me.)

Any early jumpers out there?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments