College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Tyjon Lindsey & Another Player Hospitalized After Winter Workout

+5 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture
January 30, 2018 at 3:36pm
55 Comments

I posted this in the last Tyjon Lindsey thread, but it doesn't appear to have bumped it (locked perhaps?).

Scott Frost takes responsibility as two Nebraska players hospitalized after workout

Nebraska coach Scott Frost confirmed to the Journal Star that two players, wide receiver Tyjon Lindsey and defensive lineman Dylan Owen, were hospitalized after one of the team's winter conditioning workouts. 

After being treated for rhabdomyolysis, both players were released from the hospital after a couple days have since returned to the team. 

"Anything that happens in this program is my responsibility. And I feel terrible about it," Frost said. "Hopefully we never have to go through this transition again, but we'll certainly learn from it. It's important people understand that player safety and well-being is our No. 1 priority. We certainly were concerned about this and we're really happy the players are in the clear now." 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 55 Comments