College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

First Female CFB Scholarship Athlete

+5 HS
LCT's picture
April 13, 2017 at 11:44am
25 Comments

College football has had a couple of female kickers over the years, but Becca Longo might be the first one to sign a National Letter of Intent and arrive on scholarship.

Longo signed an LOI with Division II Adams State, in Colorado, on Wednesday. She’ll be a kicker on the football team and also play basketball there.

AZCentral reported Longo’s coach introduced her at her signing ceremony “as the first girl in the country to sign a college football letter of intent for a program in NCAA Division I or II.” That indicates the LOI is for football, not hoops.

She'll be coached at Adams State by former NFL QB Timm Rosenbach:

"I never heard of it before," Rosenbach said about Longo being the first female in college football history awarded an NCAA football scholarship out of high school. "I don't look at it that way. My wife is a former pro athlete. I see her as a football player who earned it."

I didn't know this was possible.  If I did, I would have called on Urban to offer Nick Mangold's sister a scholarship to play tackle for us after the Penn State game last year.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/4/13/15285432/female-colle...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments