College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

NCAA TOURNAMENT SUGGESTION

+6 HS
BlockO's picture
March 26, 2017 at 7:34pm
38 Comments

After watching this year's Ncaa Tournament and reading a fellow dubber's blog, I have come to the conclusion that the best team almost never wins the tourney. Many things may come into play such as injury, fatigue, change of arena, or just plain luck. I must admit the disdain I have for the tournament is the same thing I love about it - on any given day any team can win. With that love comes the same reality that a potentially great team can have an off game and because of that we may lose out on seeing truly elite matchups in the championship game. Though there is no way to truly fix this problem without going full nba with a 16 team playoff, I do beleive that a mix between playoff and one game elimination may be a viable option.
Firstly, I would love to see the ncaa tournament cut down to 32 teams with the best team in each conference getting into the tournament.

Next, I suggest we keep the commitee to choose the remaining teams.

For the first 3 rounds, I propose a one game elimination style tournament. With the final four moving to best of 3 or 5 game series.

By the way if this sounds stupid, i get these ideas when im drinking jack lol

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 38 Comments