College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Will Washington make the CFP?

+1 HS
smartone29's picture
October 11, 2016 at 11:11am
68 Comments

For the past two weeks, the Washington Huskies have been ranked #5 in the AP. In the past two weeks, they have had statement wins (blowouts) over perennial PAC 12 powers Stanford and Oregon. Is this enough to consider the Huskies as contenders? They seem to be doing the right things to earn that label.

The rest of their schedule seems favorable as well:

UW's Remaining Schedule
10/22 Vs. Or. st
10/29 @ #21 Utah
11/5 @ Cal
11/12 Vs. USC
11/19 Vs. Ar. St.
11/25 @ Wsh. St.

Even if UW loses the game at Utah, they will still be the PAC-12 North's representative if they win the rest of their games. This could spell a rematch with Utah potentially. Either way, if they win the PAC CG, they will have to be at least considered for the CFP.

My answer to the question I asked in the title is yes. The Group of 5 seems to be eliminated with Houston's loss, even though Boise State (and their weak SOS) is still undefeated. If UW runs the table and wins their CG, it's obvious that they'll make it. But if they lose to Utah and win the rest of their games, including the CG, I'm still saying they're in.

What say you, patrons of 11W?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 68 Comments