College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

I saw Everett Withers today

+3 HS
Zimmy07's picture
May 14, 2016 at 11:12pm
28 Comments

I went to a relative's graduation at Texas State today.  Driving through San Marcos I saw a billboard for Texas St football with his picture and name on it.  For a few seconds my mind kept wondering why I knew that name, then I was briefly angry about the Clemson game.

He had a floor seat in the arena opposite our seats.  I didn't get a chance to ask him why we didn't switch to press coverage against Clemson, which is probably a good thing - I'm sure there were reasons that are above my pay grade.

Texas State has a nice campus judging from the part of it I saw & the glimpse of the inside of their football stadium made it seem nice for a mid major team.

With San Marcos being close to San Antonio and Austin he may be in an area that would be better to recruit to than I had previously thought.  I also didn't realize how close it was to Lockhart and Luling which may be the BBQ capitols of Texas, if not the US / world.  If you ever find yourself near San Marcos get to Black's BBQ - the best I've ever had.

Lastly, some of the grads jumped in the river right after graduation which I thought was pretty cool figuratively & literally as I heard it was a spring fed river.  I haven't been in the Blanco river but it feeds the Guadaloupe R which I know is nicely chilled.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments