College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

The curious and odd behavior of TTUN fans reacting to our early departures.

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
January 5, 2016 at 7:28pm
165 Comments

I know I shouldn't have checked MgoBlog but I wanted to check and see if they were talking about Jordan Fuller or not. Others have mentioned their behavior over us losing Marshall and Apple. Now with the news of Thomas declaring they are openly celebrating and glad handing each other on their blog. Some of the reactions are stuff like, "YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSS! and other jubilant exclamations. Then some of their conspiracists speculate that Meyer has health issues and that to quote them, "The rats are leaving the ship." Another said, "I think their players are irritated by Urban Meyer and that is why are they are leaving."

My question is have we ever acted like this? Openly celebrating and rejoicing that their players are turning pro. I suffered a lot during the Cooper years but I don't remember being all giddy over Charles Woodson or any of them turning pro. They are celebrating and exclaiming that Yipppppeeeee! We are going to be number one now! 

I just find their behavior odd, and I'm curious if this is normal behavior. Have they suffered so much that they become euphoric over news of other teams players leaving? I honestly don't remember rejoicing that their team lost key players to help us become the top team in the league.

Some brave Buckeye fans logged in to share the reality of the situation. That no we are not falling apart nor is Urban having health problems. It's because of our success and their ability as to why they are leaving.

Anyhow, my rant is over. Would appreciate people's thoughts on the matter.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 165 Comments