College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

SEC...shut out of the first College Football Playoff?

0 HS
drank1933's picture
November 10, 2014 at 11:02pm
31 Comments

Alright now before you laugh, roll your eyes, or recommend I head over to the Wexner Medical Center to get my brain scanned, hear me out. The mighty SEC and the perception of their dominance could all come toppling down.. by their own doing. Call it wishful thinking. Call it a chaos theory. Call it Karma. Here goes nothing:

1. Alabama beats Mississippi State - I know I know... this goes against everything we have ever learned.How could a Buckeye fan root for Nick Satan err...Saban to knock off the #1 team in the country? Besides what have the Mississippi State Bulldogs ever done to the Buckeyes? If anything, they are the least hated SEC team (mostly because their football program has been largely irrelevant since... ever). Stay with me here...

2. Auburn beats Alabama - The key to this game is that Auburn beats Bama soundly. This has to be a 14+ point margin when the clock strikes 0:00. No "Kick Six" or back and forth field goals. War Eagle needs Roll the Tide in this game. For those of you keeping score at home, this leaves both Auburn and Alabama with 2 losses.

3. Ole Miss beats Mississippi State - In what could quite possibly be the most important Egg Bowl in history, the Ole Miss Rebels need to knock off Dak and company. Between Dak and the rebels briefly having Admiral Ackbar as their mascot, expect plenty of star wars themed outfits... or a bunch of sports jackets, ties and boat shoes. Sports fans in the South are strange... Ole Miss and Miss State would now both have 2 losses.

4. Missouri wins out the regular season - The Tigers have A&M, Tennessee and Arkansas remaining on their regular season schedule. Not to take these teams lightly, but if the Tigers can get past the Aggies, they will most likely find themselves back in the SEC Championship game.

5. Missouri wins the SEC Championship Game - This is the biggest stretch of this scenario so hang in here with me... If the Tigers could pull off an upset in the SEC Championship game over a two loss SEC West opponent (not sure who wins the 4 way tiebreaker in this scenario) the SEC Champion Tigers would have lost to INDIANA the worst team in the B1G. Missouri could not get into the Playoff with that loss on their resume and a 34-0 drubbing by a battered Georgia team, regardless of their conference championship. Paul Finebaum would rip out all three of his hairs and demand a recount, but he would have radio GOLD for an entire off season (see Phyllis from Mulga, AL).

DOWN GOES THE SEC! DOWN GOES THE SEC!

One team from each of the remaining Power 5 conferences. SEC tears taste so good.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments