Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Kudos to a TTUN Fan

+140 HS
typeOHpositive's picture
September 24, 2021 at 2:00pm
45 Comments

Last night I attended a funeral for a friend of mine that suffered MS for 8 yrs and finally his body was just worn out and he left us at 41. He was a police officer before his illness, a father of 3, loving husband, had tremendous Faith and a great man....the man who was Eulogizing him at one particular time was a noted TTUN fan and he spoke of my friend's LOVE for OSU being a sore subject at times, but it was all in a fun and loving way. The man spoke very eloquently about our friend for about 15 minutes and had some beautiful words, "in conclusion" he said, "I've said I loved him dearly, now I will prove it"....as he jokingly asked that any cameras be turned off as to not capture what he was about to do...he asked us for help and he let out an enthusiastic "O-H", we replied "I-O", this was done 3 times and he concluded with "Go Bucks" with tears streaming down his face.

I post this simply to show that our humanity should always trump our disdain or dislikes....that our compassion should always allow us to see past our differences and enjoy what we can offer each other as people. These two men were passionate about their beloved OSU and ttun, but they were more passionate about their friendship.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 45 Comments