Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Taking a BBQ Tour, Need Insight from the 11w Fam.

+4 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
March 2, 2021 at 9:16am
73 Comments

Been a rough few months in my household, I've lamented my wife taking off, changing schedule with my kids, all that stuff. In light of all that I've decided I've earned a decent little break from everything and as a psychotic BBQ enthusiast I'm going to take off for a few days and go hit some big-time BBQ spots in either St. Louis or Kansas City.

I'm leaning more towards Kansas City because of that being a big-time historical BBQ hub (much like Memphis, parts of Texas and the Carolinas), but figured I'd survey the forums here and see what the prevailing wisdom is of anyone who may be local or who has been to the area?

Flights to STL are super affordable and even though the KC flights are a bit more pricey they're still not that bad. Plus I'm okay paying the overage if the quality of food really is that much higher.

Any insight would be appreciated, I'm hoping to fly out on a Wednesday in May/June and fly back on a Friday or potentially Saturday morning?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 73 Comments