Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

I Haven't Posted About Pro-Wrestling in a While, and You Know What Season It Is? It's Wrestlemania Season. Let's Chat!

+4 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
February 25, 2021 at 10:49am
43 Comments

Yes, it is I, our resident pro-wrestling nerd on the 11w forums.

Apologies to anyone who hates wrestling, but by god, "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMN IT!" (Not really, but puns are great).

With Wrestlemania fast approaching wanted to throw out some wrestling/Wrestlemania related questions/talking points and get a consensus of the forum.

1. Who is your favorite wrestler? For me, no question, the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be, the excellence of execution, Bret "the Hitman" Hart.

2. Who would be in the mix for a top-5 favorites all time? Well, Bret Hart would be #1, Owen Hart would be #2 (RIP), 3-5 would be some combination of the Bruiserweight Pete Dunne, Chris Jericho, and CM Punk.

3. Favorite wrestling match of all-time? Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin Wrestlemania 13

4. Favorite Wrestlemania specific match of all-time? See the answer to #3

5. Favorite Wrestlemania event from top to bottom all-time? Some old-school fans (like myself) may not understand this answer from me given that I started watching in the 80's (golden-age) and then my main era of fandom was the "new generation" (1992-1996) and the "attitude era" (1997-2003-ish), but I have to say my favorite Mania from top to bottom was Wrestlemania XXX. It was really the last time that a performer who hadn't been in the main-event scene perpetually was given the biggest stage of the year to perform and become "the guy," I'm of course talking about Daniel Bryan (formerly the American Dragon Bryan Danielson on the indie wrestling scene). But that whole card was great. The Undertaker lost his first WM match to Brock Lesnar, and while that was a shock and wasn't that cool at the time for me, their match was just a total brawl and an absolute two-way ass beating. I liked the John Cena-Bray Wyatt match a lot, and even the Battle Royale was fun.

So let's hear it 11w!? Even if you don't like wrestling and just want to make fun of me for being a huge wrestling nerd that's okay too.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 43 Comments