Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

The Progressive Metal/Rock Thread

+20 HS
Moo Strength's picture
August 22, 2020 at 10:53pm
32 Comments

As people who have seen me post before may know (particularly the TIMH posts by Cooper), I have a distinct passion for music, particularly guitar related rock/metal.

I am always on the lookout for new Progressive Metal/Rock, highly technical pieces, complex arrangements and I also have an extensive library of rock/metal (excluding what I have from Spotify, I have probably around 7TB of MP3's, mostly 320kbps CBR copies of multiple releases by the same artist), and I come across pieces that some people might not know.

I'd hope that I can expose people to great music they didn't know, and in turn, post artists/bands that I don't know about.

I'll try to update this periodically, my definition of progressive metal may not match yours, but please feel free to post it if you find something you feel is similar. Also, some of these I can't find on youtube, so I'll post Spotify URL's as well for all tracks. I'll try to limit myself to 1-2 tracks per artist too.

Hemina (Bandcamp) (Spotify) (Metal Archives)
Hemina is a relatively unknown band from Sydney. They're a quartet, with a girl on vocals for some pieces. It's like a cross between Dream Theater, and an Australian version of Nightwish. The female on the axe, is a nice mix of vocals with Douglas Skene and Mitch Coul. Douglas Skene is seriously under-rated when it comes to guitar skill.

Hemina - I (Spotify Track)

The above song is long, over 10 minutes, but the guitar only work at 8:30 is incredible. It's like the decided to stop singing and just jam.

Hemina - Freedom (Spotify Track Link)

Freedom is from the newest release earlier this year.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 32 Comments