Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Just from a Distance

+3 HS
Blackcoffee's picture
July 31, 2020 at 7:31am
12 Comments

Sometimes when you are close to something, you cannot see it. From a distance, the hinterlands of the holyland, the people making decisions for the football season fast approaching in America, well they need to make it happen, 10 people in the stands, 100,000 in the stands. You all gots so much bad news emanating from your country, no matter the outlet, about the only good news could happen from college football. Thats it. Its not rocket science anymore. Pretty basic. As an expatriat, I have always followed the world news, American news, and Israeli news. Even through the pandemic I have tried to continue this, even as it all seems mostly depressing. As of a few days ago I realized my psyche could no longer withstand the steady stream of morbidity that is America's news, and stopped reading and listening. Israeli news in itself is both horrifying and saddening enough for a lifetime now. College football is so much needed this moment, if not just to drown out all of the pundits and politicos and give the normal human being a chance to exhale. Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments