Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

One of My Short Stories Has Been Adapted in Podcast Form (for Lovers of Horror Fiction)

+16 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
July 7, 2020 at 6:21pm
27 Comments

I've been excited about this for a while now, ever since last summer when I was told my piece had been picked up. Pseudopod is a high quality online horror fiction podcast run by Escape Artists Inc., who also manage the science fiction podcast Escape Pod, the fantasy podcast Podcastle, and the YA podcast Cast of Wonders. This particular story may be familiar to a few of you, as it was among the short stories I shared from the collection I was working on at the time (a collection of stories I am currently seeking a publisher for). 

The story, "Les Lutins," like the other stories in the collection, is set in the past and in Europe, in this case 1920 France, and among other things contends with the legacy of the First World War and the Influenza Epidemic and how those historical enormities intersect with the main character's personal tragedies. Oh also there are lutins (goblins), that's important, too. 

I thought the narrator, Larissa Thompson, did a wonderful job bringing the story to life and capturing the voices/accents of the characters, and as always the folks at Pseudopod did a fine job of sound engineering. 

Consider giving it a listen, and if you--like me--are a big fan of horror, maybe consider following Pseudopod's other work and looking through their back catalog, since they put out incredible stories every week. 

https://pseudopod.org/2020/07/03/pseudopod-711-les-lutins/

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments