Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Runners -- Anyone else Doing the Big 10k?

+3 HS
Exile's picture
June 16, 2020 at 3:43pm
32 Comments

think I saw this event a few years ago in Chicago (or was that a half marathon?). The streets along a designated route were filled with runners in the gear of their favorite Big10 schools (and Buckeye fans were out in force!). I thought that would be a cool race, but never got around to it. This year, the BTN's Big 10k is going to be a virtual race, which I think means you can basically run whatever you want and just buy the t-shirt, but whatever. My wife and I have decided to run it, wondered if anyone else here at 11W was running it as well. 

Here's the link. 

The quick scoop is that you're supposed to run 10k or 5k sometime in the week of July 26. You get a shirt, bib, and a "running buff / headband" (I must be getting old, because I've never heard of a running buff, as opposed to running in the buff) for the low-low entry fee of $20. 

And while we're on the subject, is it just me or are more people running now more than ever? My neighborhood in Cleveland seems to have people running all the time. It's almost like everyone's home all day and the gyms are closed.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 32 Comments