Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Shopping for Compact Cross-over SUV: Forester vs. CR-V vs. CX-5

+1 HS
BuckInChicago's picture
May 21, 2020 at 9:58am
29 Comments

Seeing as how the Mrs. and I both have cars that could legally vote, I have begun the daunting task of looking at cars.  Since we both know within the next year or two we'll be replacing them we are trying to be strategic about what we get (e.g. one more efficient car for typical trips, one SUV for trips to/through the mountains here in California).  Looking at SUVs, I'm fairly set at getting a newer-used (2017 and on) Subaru Forester, Honda CR-V, or Mazda CX-5, and I figured I'd bring it to the committee (uhhh 11W) to get any insight/advice/impressions any of you might have on any of these. 

I've ridden in a Forester and know a fair number of people who like them, I've drove an older model CR-V and have faith in Honda in general, and I've driven a newer model CX-5 as a rental (Any impressions on reliability/maintenance for Mazda?).  Additionally, any info for if AWD would be worth it if I go the CR-V/CX-5 route would be appreciated... while typically it'll be used in the city we do want something that will be able to go up into the mountains with, get to a ski area, etc.  If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments