Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Ohio-based Ambulances Seen in Northern NJ (aka Across the Hudson from NYC)

+5 HS
B1Gspeed's picture
April 14, 2020 at 9:51am
1 Comment

(Mods, apologies if this has been shared already. I have not been on 11W since late February, but I thought I should post this.)

Just wanted to share with you this morning that the locals have taken notice to the handful of Ohio-based ambulance crews working the Northern NJ area. Early last week I saw my first glimpse of one of these crews driving down the road; I wasn't paying much attention as I was walking the dog but did glimpse an Ohio plate. Then, each and every day since then, we'd see different companies. With the AMR, CAS, University Hospitals (Community Care) and a couple buses that are non-branded (no logos) with the exception of "Ambulance" or "EMS" and with 330 area codes.

Specifically, Jersey City, where I live has 2,674 COVID-19 cases but that's a relative pin drop compared to across the river in NYC. Definitely a blessing to see care and compassion coming from other states, and we'll definitely return the favor when the situation arises. In the time being, I'm planning to buying lunch (i.e. getting pizza delivered) for the EMS crews later this week. 

I hope everyone, wherever you are, continues to be safe and healthy. We're in this together.

A pic of one of two UH/CCA ambulances parked outside JC Medical Center EMS this morning.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 1 Comments