Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Tiger King? Pffft! I'd Rather Watch a King Tiger!

+4 HS
Major H's picture
April 5, 2020 at 10:56am
17 Comments

For those of you who have seen my posts over the past 3+ years know that I am a WWII history enthusiast. In fact, I used my GI Bill to get a Masters Degree in WWII Studies through the American Military University. (Yep, all online classes.) 

As I was scrolling through YouTube the other day, I found this video of a WWII German King Tiger tank that has been restored to operational condition. 

The video was posted in December 2018, so it must have been from the 2018 Militracks Show in Overloon, The Netherlands. Overloon has a WWII museum and each year they have a show of quite a few restored German vehicles. (The town of Overloon is located NE of Eindhoven and just a few miles from the German border.) This is a very popular event as seen on their website.

https://www.oorlogsmuseum.nl/en/events/militracks/

I've been to the museum a couple of times and attended Militracks in 2014, (IIRC.) I wanted to get a ride on a Panther tank, but the line was too long. I then went to try to get a ride on the t38 Hetzer, but it was having mechanical problems. I settled for a ride on a Kettenkraftrad and it was fun.

So, for me at least, a King Tiger is much more interesting than the Tiger King. What say you?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments