Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Historical Tourism

+26 HS
Wargor's picture
January 23, 2020 at 10:46am
88 Comments

Okay, here's the premise:  You get to visit four events / days in history.  You are physically there, you are taking part as an extra bit player on the stage.  If language is an issue, you speak it, clothing, you have it.  You are there for the whole day, and while your safety (though not comfort) is guaranteed till the event happens, you are going to live the whole experience.  You take nothing from the experience other than memories, and you cannot change any outcomes.  You also have to pick events that could have an extra bit player witness.  You don't get to be a fly on the wall for private conversations, and Joe rando isn't getting an invite to the Last Supper.  

So, as an example, if you wanted to be there for the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima, you're the guy standing a few yards from the photographer (yes, I know that was the second flag).  But, you have to live his whole day.  You're going to be hot, dirty, shot at, etc., you are not a ghostly apparition.  Following the flag raising you've got a decent chance of experiencing a death or serious injury.

The four days have to come from: 1) since you were born.  2) since 1900.  3) since 1,000 AD.  and 4) any time in history.

I'll post mine here in a bit.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 88 Comments