Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

I Just Won My Fantasy Football League--Anyone Else Win?

+1 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
December 24, 2019 at 11:23am
32 Comments

So a few months ago my little brother's 14-person league was short a player, and he reached out to me about joining and evening them out. I'd never played Fantasy Football before (except once or twice on DraftKings) so I wasn't terribly enthused about the prospect, but I figured it was worth a shot. I ended up taking over an auto-drafted team that had been created by a friend of his who backed out at the last second. 

This autodrafted team was headlined by Jameis "Pick Six" Winston at QB (which is why I ended up renaming my team "Crab Claw Collectors"), Cooper Kupp, Stefon Diggs, and Chris Godwin at WR, Nick Chubb at RB, and the Minnesota Vikings Defense. Other major contributors included Adrian Peterson, Josh Allen, George Kittle, and a hot-and-cold Tevin Coleman. 

Well, fastforward 14 weeks and my team is 8-5, having secured 6 of those 8 victories by 40-50 points or more. I proceeded to win every playoff game in blowout fashion. I even won the final despite Winston's best attempts to blow it for me by throwing 4 picks against Houston. 

I think while I did make *some* smart decisions in choosing my lineups, this whole experience is just more evidence to me that fantasy football is 90% luck. That, however, doesn't make me feel any less happy about winning a league on my first ever try. 

So how about the rest of you? How did your fantasy football seasons turn out? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 32 Comments