Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

This Time of Year Reminds Me That Life Often Seems to Teach You Lessons when It's Too Late.

+14 HS
BuckeyeGoneNuts's picture
December 23, 2019 at 6:54pm
17 Comments

I love this time of year, Christmas is almost here, the kids are out of school and all excited about what they might get under the tree this year.

My wife was decorating our tree a couple of weeks ago after we cut it down and brought it home, playing Christmas music etc.  My sons walked by and my wife asked if they wanted to help decorate the tree, and in true teenager way they said "nah, we're going to play xbox" or something like that.  It took me back to all the times as I was growing up I remember my mom decorating the tree and asking the same question and me answering in a similar way ("nah, I'm going to play basketball with my friends").  Always too busy with the usual teenage stuff. 

And now, decades later, my parents are long gone, and boy how much I miss those days and spending time with them.   I'd give anything to just be able to spend a couple of hours one more time singing Christmas songs while decorating the tree with my mom and dad. 

Some things you just learn later in life, and often when it's too late.  I hope my kids take advantage of the opportunities they have now so they don't have regrets later.

Sorry about the rambling post, just thought I'd share.   I like this time of year, but it also makes me sad thinking about all those lost along the way and times that will never come back.

Merry Christmas to you Buckeye fans out there, enjoy the time you have with loved ones!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments