Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Rural America Best Internet Options. I Have Found a Solution to My Problem

+5 HS
macdaddybuckeyesupreme's picture
November 2, 2019 at 1:22pm
26 Comments

Like alot of young people I grew up with internet. But not good internet, you see I lived in rural America until my early 20s. We had dial up internet and it was just awful.

When I was in my early 20s I moved to downtown Columbus Ohio, where I was able to get broadband internet, it was great, being in the technology field and at one point working for Verizon FiOS, I could finally do things with good internet. Like play online gaming, Hulu, Netflix. Life was great on that end until last year

You see last year my wife and I decided we no longer wanted to live the busy city life, so we decided to move to North Carolina, Holly Ridge to be more specific. But alas, no high speed internet....we could get dsl, which is not high speed internet. Dsl is fine if you're doing casual browsing on the internet, but it was not doing what we needed at the speed rate we needed. You see my wife makes quilts for a living, and she needs to be able to upload things to the internet. I also run my own business, I fix and build computers. But I'm also in school so we use serious bandwidth.

Plus I still like to do online gaming, and now that NCAA football is coming back owning noobs at NCAA is all the more fun.

So last night I did some research, and found a solution. At&t has unlimited lte broadband for business for 80 dollars per month. 8mbps download which is actually while downloading stuff is running upwards of 50mbps.

This has now become a lifesaver as speed constraints were really affecting our business production. We're keeping our dsl service for just everyday use, but now we have an unlimited hotspot that is making uploading and downloading so much nicer.

If you live in rural America, I would suggest looking into this. No it isn't as fast as broadband, and we in rural America will never have what city folk have. But we shouldn't be stuck with terrible internet either

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 26 Comments