Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Outdoor Projectors Advice and Recommendations

+2 HS
BuckeyeRealist13's picture
August 26, 2019 at 12:15pm
8 Comments

My wife and I are trying to stray away from the boring sit on the couch and watch football all day routine that we've done for the last 10 years of being together. We plan on getting an outdoor mobile fire pit as well as adding a projector to the backyard as well. The obvious goal is to have some relaxing fall nights next to a fire and watching CFB under the stars. 

I have very little knowledge of outdoor projectors, and have even less experience with them. Due to finances, we are looking at getting one around the $60-$100 range on Amazon Prime that have very good reviews. Are we overlooking something? There's no way they can be that cheap, but at the same time they have great reviews. Are projectors wifi enabled, or will I have to run an HDMI cord from my living room TV to the backyard? Also would you recommend using the side of the house or getting a screen with it? Are there any questions I should be asking that I may not be aware are a big deal until after I've already purchased it?

As of right now the projector we are looking at is the DR. J Professional HI-04 1080P Supported 4inch Mini Projector with 170" Display - 40,000 Hours LED Full HD Video Projector, Compatible with HDMI,USB,SD (Latest Upgrade). It is also retailing for $69.99 on Amazon Prime for full context. 

Any input will be appreciated! Go Bucks! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments