Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Jon Waters Breaks Silence and Weighs In On Strauss

+11 HS
216ToThe614's picture
May 19, 2019 at 2:25pm
49 Comments

Per his Facebook account:

This is my first post that is publicly negative about osu since my firing almost 5 years ago. I have remained mostly silent about the torrent of osu scandals which have occurred since. All official evidence of my time at osu has been deleted by individuals and the institution and its satellites, and I have not decried osu on Facebook. Today, I am at a loss to describe the rank hypocrisy of a once great institution.

I was fired for a ‘songbook’ of offensive song lyrics first written in 1966...10 years before my birth...and 4 band directors prior to my directorship!

I was fired for the band doing a ramp entrance in their underwear...an event that Jon Woods and I gained permission from the osu police annually.

I was fired for reporting to the title ix office a student incident at an off campus party

I was fired for being the purveyor of what was proven falsely described as a ‘highly sexualized culture’

Contrast that with...

Dr Strauss assaulted at least 177 osu student athletes and was promoted through that period

Dr Strauss was given emeritus status by osu

Students were assaulted on campus in campus facilities, as well as off campus and in Strauss’ home

Many staff and leadership knew about these activities

It was reported that even the osu police knew about these activities

This is what a ‘highly sexualized culture’ of sexual ABUSE really looks like! Shame on osu for enabling this behavior out of one side of you collective mouth, and maligning over 4,000 living alums with a misleading and provably inaccurate Glaros report from the other side of your mouth! I was told that I ‘should have known or reasonably known.’ Will the university hold that same standard to its leadership?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments