Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Chris Collaros Dublin Principal Passes Away @ 57.

+10 HS
awlinBrutus's picture
April 12, 2019 at 8:06am
22 Comments

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dispatch.com/news/20190410/beloved-uppe...

Lung cancer. Never smoked.I Grew up in Steubenville, Chris went to Wintersville High School. He was one of those guys that was physically matured @ 14.He was a monster on the football field and in the classroom. Committed to Princeton. I couldn't figure that out at the time why he would got to the ivy league instead of a good football school.He burst onto the HS football scene in the Ohio Valley as a sophomore, reminiscent of the effect Maurice Claret had.He was Wintersville's Maurice Claret. If you remember his nephew was Zach Collaros,he was the QB for Cincinatti years ago.
As I remember him, he was very shy, with an almost brooding demeanor, as he was definitely a local star. I think he got tired of the attention.Like a lot of us at the time, one of the big things for us HS kids was of course our mall, Fort Steuben Mall. The big thing was foosball @ the arcade. On Saturdays the foosball table probably was 10 deep waiting for 'Next'. The arcade was dominated by wintersville kids. Yes i beat Chris Collaros once in foosball lol.

Just wanted to pass this on, maybe some here knew him and hadn't seen the news. I remember that he was different in a good way, never smoked or did drugs in HS. An outlier for the time. The cherry on the top was him choosing Princeton over schools like PITT, just as Tony Dorsett was graduating from PITT. He woulda played 1 year with Marino. The world is a little less great with this loss. My most sincere condolences to all those that Chris touched with his love of life and enthusiasm for music. He was one of the good guys.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments