Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Fans of the Office on 11w? (re-boot Conversation)

+3 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
March 28, 2019 at 11:20am
18 Comments

So I've heard a lot of folks on the internet clamoring for a re-boot of the Office.

I'm all for it, IF they can get the original cast back (including Steve Carell as Michael Gary Scott).

Carell has said that it wouldn't work, specifically he is quoted as saying "Oscar, you're gay, boom roasted. It wouldn't work in today's climate."

That's valid, we live in a world where there is much more sensitivity to using someone's race/religion/sexual identity as a joke, so as a TV show, the Office wouldn't be able to make it as it once did.

But, why not a movie? Why not an Office movie to reunite the cast for one last go-round? I've had some thoughts as to what the story could entail, for instance, Dwight is still the regional manager at Dunder Mifflin, Scranton. Michael returns from Colorado after Holly's parents have passed away, and a struggle ensues as Dwight is happy to hire Michael back to the sales team, but Michael feels like he should be able to get his job back as the manager. Michael goes to David Wallace (who bought the company at the end of the series), and the conflict erupts between the two.

Just a small nugget of a thought to get the ball rolling.

Honestly I just miss new Office, still watch it on Netflix non-stop, and am bored in the off-season.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments