Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Apple Watch - Series 4 - with EKG Function. Any Advice?

+2 HS
Major H's picture
March 22, 2019 at 6:06pm
28 Comments

The good thing about being older is the wisdom that comes from living a full life. However, technology is a heck of a lot smarter than I am. Having recently been diagnosed with paroxysmal A-fib, I am thinking about getting a new series 4 Apple watch with EKG function. Talked with my cardiologist and he says the Apple watch does a good job and that I should consider one. He also added that there are other devices out there that do the same job, but didn't go into detail. I am on a blood thinner to prevent clot formation and decrease the chance of a stroke. He also says I am still cleared for our trip to Spain in less than a month to walk part of the Camino de Santiago. 

So, all you Apple watch folks out there...what do you say?

UPDATE: 

I bought a Series 4 iWatch yesterday afternoon. I like the ECG function, even though it shows I'm in A-fib more than I thought. I was hoping to document how much I was not in A-fib, but that's not working. Either way, let's get this thing fixed. Thanks for all the comments - bots not included.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments