Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Finding Your Roots - Genealogy Anybody?

+7 HS
Major H's picture
February 25, 2019 at 8:59am
76 Comments

One of our favorite TV shows is the PBS series, “Finding Your Roots” with Henry Louis Gates.

I’ve dabbled in genealogy on and off for about twenty years. Actually, I’ve mostly just taken data from one of my cousin’s research and added my personal data to it. I received an email from this cousin stating that this Tuesday evenings show (Feb 26) will feature part of our family tree. Turns out actress Laura Linney is part of our family (or are we part of her family?) and she is one of the guests this week. Needless to say, our DVR will be recording and I will be taking notes as we watch this show.

Here is a preview.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/laura-linney-discovers-a-shocking-reason-why-her-ancestors-came-to-america-in-finding-your-roots-exclusive/vi-BBTXC5s?ocid=se

I invite you to find out more about my family tree at the same time I do. Tuesday, Feb. 26, 8:00 PM Eastern on PBS. 

What kind of interesting things have you found in your family tree?

UPDATE with only a couple hours to go 'til showtime: the other people featured on the show tonight are Michael Moore and Chloe Sevigny.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 76 Comments