Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Netflix to Develop Biopic About Hulk Hogan's Life

+2 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
February 22, 2019 at 8:21am
30 Comments

This can certainly be filed amongst the "anything else" universe here on 11w, but as the consistent wrestling fan here in our forums, I felt it worth taking the time to let anyone know that may care (most notably, fans of wrasslin's "golden age") that Netflix is currently developing a biopic based on the life and career of the Hulkster, Terry "Hulk Hogan" Bollea.

Chris Hemsworth (of Thor fame) is rumored to be the actor that will portray the Hulkster. No news yet on the rest of the cast.

In my opinion, obviously as a life long obsessed wrestling fan (never been a major Hogan fan, but anything involving wrestling is for sure on my radar) this could easily be a two part, maybe even a three part type of deal.

If they break it up into a two part movie:
Part 1: Hogan's early life, and early wrestling career, the timeline would have this movie end when his initial run in the WWF ended in 1993 with a  loss for the WWF championship to Yokozuna, then a subsequent signing to go to work for Ted Turner in WCW in 1994.
Part 2: Begins with his start in WCW and the huge matchup with Ric Flair, then the crowd ultimately getting bored with Hulkamania, and Hogan/Hall/Nash starting the NWO and the next EXPLOSION of wrestling in the late 90's. Ultimately this part is capped off on a high note with his match vs. the Rock at WrestleMania X8

If I were writing it, that's how I would do it. A three parter could be pretty easy to do, part 1 is early life up until WrestleMania 3 vs. Andre the Giant, Part 2 is from WM3 up until the end of his run in 1993/beginning of 1994 when he signs with WCW, then part 3 would be the WCW/NWO stuff and culminates with the WMX8 match vs. the Rock.

I'm VERY interested to see who they cast to play guys like Ric Flair, Randy Savage, Vince McMahon, and Andre the Giant.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments