Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Chicago - Golf

0 HS
OhioAgainstTheWorld34's picture
July 21, 2018 at 10:22am
7 Comments

I was able to browse the achieves and gather some really good tips and suggestions for the Windy City.  I think I am pretty set when it comes to places to dine and visit for some entertainment.  However, I am going to fairly free to play golf on Friday and Saturday morning of my trip up to Chicago... When I do have some extra time on these business trips I try to play a couple nice courses.  I am by no means a great golfer, but I do love getting out on a beautiful course and hitting some balls as well as I can.  On Friday I have a tee time Cog Hill's Dubsdread Course.  I know this is probably one of those over marketed rounds and some familiar with the area would probably tell me that it is a little commercialized, but I wanted to play at a venue I had seen Tiger Woods win at and that back in my gaming days I played a lot on EA Sports PGA Tour Golf.  That being said, I don't have a round booked yet for Saturday.  Those fellow 11Wers who live in the area or have frequented... What would be a solid course to visit Saturday, August 11th?  It probably needs to be a public course, unless there is a Buckeye out there that has the pull to get me on one of the elusive private courses.  I know Chicago has a lot to offer on the golf scene.  Harborside International Golf Center and the two obvious venues of Medinah Country Club or Olympia Fields Country Club would be nice play, but very unlikely.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.  Thank you in advance!  GO BUCKS! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 7 Comments