Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MiamiBuckeye's Monday Music Medley LXXIV

+9 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
May 28, 2018 at 4:11pm
9 Comments

Hey, what's up, everyone?

I'm back with more tunes.

We're going to kick this one off with a showstopper from Texas-based Christian rock (I know, gasp, Christian rock in this series??) group Flyleaf. The only song of theirs I know, and--I'd wager--one of their best. This is "I'm So Sick."

Next we have one of my favorite tracks from one of my favorite American rock (alt rock? bro rock? just what the hell are they, exactly?) bands, Incubus. This song comes together from an excellent riff paired with Brandon Boyd's smooth and criminally underrated vocals. This is "Talk Shows on Mute," with a music video that synthesizes themes from the George Orwell novels 1984 and Animal Farm (and references 1984 in the lyrics).

And next, it's been a while since I've included a Run the Jewels track in this series, so why not listen to one of their classic hits from their debut album? This is "A Christmas Fucking Miracle."

We're going to close it with a fast-paced track from Atreyu, one of my favorite songs to play on Guitar Hero. This is "Exes and Ohs."

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 9 Comments