Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Joe Walsh - You Bought It, You Name It - TIMH

+12 HS
John Cooper's lucky pig's picture
May 21, 2018 at 9:08am
33 Comments

I love Joe Walsh. He embodies most of the good qualities of rock and roll - fun, irreverence, not taking yourself too seriously, banging Stevie Nicks - and it doesn't hurt that he plays a mean guitar. So it pains me to admit he released an absolute dog of an album today in 1983.

Adult me can admit that. Eight year old me would have questioned your musical taste. How can an album with songs about tits and video games be bad, eight year old me would have asked. I am still struggling to answer that question, but trust me, this is mediocre album.

The 1980s started out strongly for Walsh with the release of the album "There Goes the Neighborhood" in 1981. From that point through today Walsh has struggled to put together a full album of quality songs. Don't get me wrong, each Joe Walsh album from 1981 on has a song or two that reminds you that you're in the company of greatness, but you're basking in the reflected glow of that greatness rather than wincing in pain from greatness' full frontal assault.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments