Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Who Here Knows About Cars and Stuff That Can Go Wrong?

+2 HS
Buckeyes17's picture
May 4, 2018 at 12:32pm
40 Comments

I'm aware asking strangers on the internet isn't optimal, but I will be taking it in at some point soon.. I just want to have an idea of what is going on.

So, I have an 07 Chevy Cobalt, manual. Great car, blah, blah. However... the check engine light has been coming on for about the past year and it says it an an "E-Vap" error. So E-Vap Cylinder ... cool. Shop told me it isn't a big deal. But.. I have noticed something else. Whenever I put gas in my car (Doesn't matter if its almost full, half or empty), I have to pump the gas peddle when I turn on the car or it doesn't start right, instead its like it stalls. But.. once I pump the gas and get it going (When I say pump, I mean push the gas pedal down all way as soon as it turns on and that usually does it), it's fine. This ONLY happens when I get gas. Once I get past this part I have no more issues and never have to do it again until I get gas. i.e., I can turn the car on and off 1,000 times and never do it again until I fill up.

WHY!?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 40 Comments