College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Sometimes I Check in on That Basketball Recruiting Class That Was (not)

+9 HS
Blackcoffee's picture
February 9, 2018 at 12:50pm
35 Comments

I put this under "anything else" because Ohio State Basketball is for...well...Ohio State Basketball, and none of these guys plays for Ohio State Basketball, anymore. They did, but now they do not. But they were all part of a highly rated class that left after one year.Daniel Giddens(Alabama) AJ Harris(New Mexico State) Mickey Mitchell(Arizona State)Austin Grandstaff(aeon flux). Bit sometimes I just check on one or two, like this evening.

First is AJ, who plays meaningful minutes but is not the starting point for a New Mexxico State team that is first in the conference and is 21-3. The Aggies play in the Western Athletic Conference. They just beat the Cal State Bakersfield Roadrunners.! They have a center who routinely haul down 20 boards and score 6 or 7 points, and averages like 2 steals a game. The last center to play for NMSU, and rebounded like that was Sam Lacey, who led them to their first and only final 4 appearance where they lost to UCLA in 1970-71, in the semis. AJ averages in single digits. Go Dayton!

Then, I checked in on Daniel Giddens. He is at Alabama. Alabama beat Florida by 18 a few days ago, then turned around and lost to a woeful Mississippi St., scoring 64 points in the game on a total of 4 assists(?) which seems statistically impossible. Daniel Gidddens does not start. He plays meaningful minutes. Against New Mexico State he scored 11 points, mostly on assists from Collin Sexton the freshman wunderkind. He also fouled out in the 15 minutes he played!. A bull in a China shop.  Alabama might make the tourney, but after reading a few comments from The MSU loss, struck me the fans sound alot like our fans were sounding after games that Ohio State lost. Yep, that kind of team.

Mickey Mitchell, hes playing some for Arizona State,doesn't start,  and they had an impressive year going for a while but seemed to have found their place, sorta like water seeking out its level. Watching highlights it seems he has found the knack somewhat for being able to shoot the ball with some degree of eptitude, at least close to the basket. He is sans the manbun however, sporting a clean haircut with a beard.

Austin Grandstaff, hes transferring again to another school...:)lol

[Moved to College Sports...because, well, they play college basketball.]

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments