Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

11W Aero/Astro Engineers - Dr. G is Not Doing Well

+3 HS
osu78's picture
December 25, 2017 at 5:00pm
10 Comments

I know there are a number of 11W's who are aeronautical / astronautical engineers so I thought I'd pass along that Dr G. (As Dr. Gregorek is better known) has not been doing well lately. I spoke to him a few weeks ago and he is in good spirits and enjoys talking with former students. We spoke of my time at OSU and a number of my classmates.

Dr. G was the reason I went to OSU and majored in AAE. 

I remember taking one of his tests and kept getting the results as an unstable a/c. After checking it multiple times I finally turned it in and asked "Is the a/c unstable?" He said no, and later when he returned the test apologized as he had made a typo and the results were indeed an unstable a/c; much to the relief of myself and classmates who were convinced we blew the test.  A fraternity brother of mine, also an AAE, remarked "That's Dr. G, when I took his class it took .25 Newtons to launch a satellite in orbit..."

He also the reason I got to meet Neil Armstrong's dad, but that's another story...

Any aeros that want to contact him pm me and I'll pass along contact info. There is also a scholarship in his honor at tOSU.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments