Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MiamiBuckeye's Monday Music Medley LI

+7 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
December 18, 2017 at 2:44pm
22 Comments

What's up everyone?

Even though I no longer have a car, my spirits are still fairly high and I have confidence that I'll be back on the road soon. In any case, the tunes must go on.

We're starting off today's medley with a classic from Pantera. This song is one any American metalhead should be well familiar with, arguably Pantera's best song and most likely their most recognizable. This is "Cemetery Gates." I've probably included it before in this medley, but who cares? It's good enough to play twice.

Ever since discovering The National about a week ago, I've been on a serious kick with them. This song is the eponymous track from their most recent album, "Sleep Well Beast." I like how quiet and slow the build up is, the persistent softness of the instrumentation, the callback to the earlier song "I'll Still Destroy You" with the repeated, murmured lines "I'll still destroy you someday, sleep well beast, you as well, beast," and the lowkey infusion of jazz sounds.

Next is one of my favorite songs from Kendrick Lamar's truly groundbreaking album "To Pimp a Butterfly." This song is about identity, inauthenticity, and how the struggle to fit in with your surroundings can cause you to lose who you are and make a fool of yourself. This is "You Ain't Gotta Lie (Momma Said)."

Up last is a song I was bumping just now, a song that always makes me think of killing dragons and struggling with the awkwardness of Bethesda combat. This is the theme from Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, the Song of the Dragonborn.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments