Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Cavaliers New Esports Team.

-2 HS
Sims_tOSU's picture
December 12, 2017 at 1:22pm
91 Comments

So the Cleveland cavaliers just announced that they have created a new esports team. The team will compete in the new competitive NBA 2k competition. Before people start hating, the players will make $750,000 for three years participation I believe. Esports is a $1.5 billion industry and there are other nba teams competing in this. So curious what other people’s thoughts are on esports. Personally I love it. Not everybody was blessed with the height for nba or the athletic build and ability for professional sports. Also see comments of “can’t believe people watch these dorks play video games”. To that I’d say I would bet any money that the average IQ of a gamer is substantially higher than a that of a football player (most popular sports to watch in America). Also people love competition. These things are heated usually. Also I’d even say it’s just as tough to become a pro in esports as professional sports. I mean this is a talent you aren’t blessed with, unlike nba and football. You have to just get great at these things. So idk I don’t think I could watch but I’d be interested to compete bc I love money. Tryouts are January for you 2k players out there.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/12/cavaliers_launch_cavs_legion_g.html#incart_river_mobile_home

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 91 Comments