Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Locals Guide to Dallas

+5 HS
flying-banana's picture
December 3, 2017 at 4:35pm
10 Comments

So I've lived in Dallas for about 7 years now, and I'll do my best to help you all find some good places for when you make your trip down to watch the Bucks take on USC.

Food: I've heard we have more restaurants per capita than anyone in the US, so you won't go hungry. Dallas has gotten a lot more local recently which has lead to some fantastic restaurants/bars to check out.

• Slow Bone BBQ: Best BBQ in Dallas (Fight me Pecan Lodge fans). Still a bit hidden away so you usually don't fight the lines you will at Pecan Lodge
  • Twisted Root/Hopdoddys/Maple & Motor: All burger shops, can't go wrong with any of them. I personally like Twisted Root the best, but many will argue with Hopdoddys
  • Velvet Tacos: Some of the more interesting tacos you'll find in Dallas. Right near a good bar district called Knox Henderson too
  • CBD Provisions: Good food, downtown if that's where you're staying. IT's inside the Joule hotel and across the street from the AT&T world headquarters.
  • Blind Butcher: Meat. Lots of it.
  • Cane Rosso: Good Neopolitan style pizza
  • Wabi House: Fantastic Ramen
  • H&G Supply: Paleo themed with an awesome rooftop bar
  • Trompo's: Really good tacos

There are honestly infinite restaurants, feel free to let me know if you're looking for anything and I'll do my best.

Bars: Lot's of places no matter what your cup of tea is.

• McKinney Avenue Tavern (MAT): This is the home of the young Buckeye alumni club, and you'll find many many scarley and gray clad fans here
  • Libertine: Old style pub, good drinks
  • The Armory: Craft Coctails, very fancy and good
  • H&G: Rooftop bar
  • Old Monk: Lots of beer
  • Cidercade: Hard cider themed arcade
  • Barcadia: Beer themed arcade
  • Ginger Man: Lots of Beer
  • Truck yard: Outdoor bar with everything you'd want, try the trashcan punch
  • Rustic: Classier version of truck yard with more food and live music
  • Concrete Cowboy/Clutch/Kung Fu/The Den: Full disclosure, I hate these places, but if you are looking for more of a dance club vibe then these are it. If you go early enough kung fu does have some fun arcade games

Again, there are infinite places. In general there are 3 key bar districts people will go to. Uptown (Trendier, fancier, and often younger), Lower Greenville (More dive bars, a bit older crowd, often less crowded), and Deep Ellum (Was more underground, hipster places with really cool vibe, becoming more and more like Uptown). There is Bishop Arts which is where the arts crowd go to and it's great, but it's a bit harder to get to.

Hope this helps! I'll be at the game and hope you all can make it down as well. If you have any questions I'll be happy to help where I can.

Go Bucks!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments