Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Job Interview Follow Up Protocol

+2 HS
erniefurgler's picture
September 13, 2017 at 10:44am
33 Comments

Had a job interview last month that went well.  Met with three interviewers along with the HR Manager of the company.  HR Manager even went to the extent of explaining their entire benefits package and indicating what floors certain elevators would take me...unnecessary info if they weren't interested in me.  Salary wasn't an issue either, I had previously indicated my current salary (which I'm comfortable with) and feedback was "we wouldn't have brought you in if we weren't able to meet your salary expectations".  It's now been a month & radio silence...no follow up from them at all. I had previously sent a follow up email thanking them for their time.  Is it reasonable to send a follow up email inquiring about the status of the position (which is still posted on LinkedIn)?  If they decided to go a different route, I understand, just want to know. This is a large Fortune 500 company, so I also understand things don't happen immediately. 

Just looking for a little insight on follow protocol.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments