Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MiamiBuckeye's Monday Music Medley XXII

+7 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
May 15, 2017 at 4:41pm
36 Comments

Hello everyone, time for another edition!

Up first is a song from Swedish viking metal superstars Amon Amarth. And just a heads up, anyone who lives in Columbus should be aware that they're playing a show this weekend in MAPFRE Stadium--can't imagine how badass it would be to see Amon Amarth in a stadium--I bet they'll break out the longship! This is "Twilight of the Thunder God" about Thor, Odin's Son, protector of mankind.

Up next is a song I really like by a band I really don't like. This is "Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon.

A few weeks ago I included Chance the Rapper's song "Acid Rain" from his mixtape Acid Rap. Well, I believe I mentioned then that it narrowly beat out for consideration another song from the same mixtape, and I couldn't resist including it now as it's been on heavy rotation on my I-Pod the last few days. This is a really somber, sweet rap ballad featuring a breathtaking debut by Chicago native Noname (at the time going by "Noname Gypsy") who delivers a verse that ends with the tragic but beautiful line "the only time he loves me is naked in my dreams."

This is "Lost."

Lately I've been feeling rather nostalgic for the Daft Punk album "Discovery." Simultaneously, I'm also a sucker for classic Earth, Wind, and Fire, so when I happened upon this mashup of Daft Punk's "Digital Love" with Earth, Wind, and Fire's "September," I was immediately hooked. This is "September Love"

And since I'm feeling in the mood for mashups, here's another one. This is the incredible result of mashing up Bruno Mars' "Uptown Funk" with the guitar-heavy track from the Bowser's Castle race map from the new Mario 8 Deluxe game. This is "Uptown Bowser."

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments