Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Nintendo is Discontinuing the Classic

+1 HS
ZMBucks's picture
April 18, 2017 at 8:44am
23 Comments

Nintendo has announced that they are already stopping production on their hottest selling console in over a decade. These things couldn't stay in stock fast enough throughout the holidays and are going for 3 to 4 times store price on the secondary market to this day. So what does Nintendo decide? Let's stop making it. I don't get it. How many bad decisions can one company make over a lifetime of gaming consoles? Refusing to move on from cartridges (thanks for opening the door for us to have PlayStation by the way), refusing to embrace online and mobile gaming, etc.

I'm assuming they are going to be bringing the classic games to the new Switch or maybe they are going to create a new Classic with SNES and other games, but it wouldn't shock me if they didn't follow it up with anything.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/04/nintendo-hates-money-discontinues-the-nes-classic/?comments=1

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments