Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Trying to get into tOSU

+4 HS
Buckeye-in-pitt's picture
June 19, 2016 at 5:01pm
70 Comments

So I'm trying to get Ohio State, which is no small feat nowadays, especially because I'm not originally from Ohio. But a lot of you wonderful people did the damn thing, so I'm asking if you could so generously share your tips and trick on getting into the best university in America. 

This would be a lot easier if I could run a 4.3 forty. 

I'm currently a student at Otterbein University, finished my freshman year there this spring. Liked it, but I went there to continue my baseball career more so than because I loved Otterbein the university. I'm not dead set on leaving because I love to play baseball as much as I love Ohio State, but as this summer wears on, I'm realizing that playing baseball 24/7/365 isn't going prepare me for the real world as much as totally investing myself in the classroom would. 

If I were to reluctantly put the bat down, I would need to transfer into Ohio State. 

I'm going to apply for the spring semester, as I need sometime to figure out if I really want to do this. But if I don't get into OSU I don't really have a decision to make. 

I'm a business major, although I didn't take any business classes at Otterbein because I didn't decide to pursue that career path until a few months ago. I am taking business classes at Otterbein in the fall though. 

I applied to Ohio State in high school and didn't get in. My hs GPA was about a 3.3 and college GPA after the first year is about a 3.15. ACT score was a 25. I'm out of state which probably doesn't help my chances, but some tell me transferring in is easier than going out of HS. Oh and my Dad is an alumni (1983), which I where I get my burning passion for the school. 

Thanks you guys are the best

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 70 Comments