Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Favorite and Least Favorite Halloween Candy?

0 HS
Moutarde's picture
October 27, 2015 at 5:03pm
126 Comments

As we approach Halloween, all this talk of trick or treating either the Meyer residence or the Harbaugh residence has me thinking about Halloween when I was a kid, walking from house to house with my best friend and his parents and building up my stash.  It seemed like the walk was forever, but now, living here in Manhattan, what I thought of as a long walk when I was a kid in Cincinnati is nothing, since folks in Manhattan walk a lot of places these days and take the subway now because of the often ridiculous traffic.  We lived in a great trick-or-treat neighborhood, because the lots were not that large, so the walk between each house wasn't too bad.  Of course the big houses could result in a full-size candy bar, but I was content with fun size stuff, since a full-size bar that you don't like is a big downer unless you trade it.  (Maybe my legs were really short also?)

The best part for me was getting home, resting my sore feet and going through my stash (and, of course, eating some).  I always used to sort it into my "like pile" and my "hate it pile."  A few would make it into the "love it" pile.  What was your favorite Halloween candy?  What was your least favorite?

My favorite was Nestle Crunch--just the right balance of sweetness and texture.  Almond Joy or Mounds was also a fave because I liked coconut (and also often something others would give up because they didn't).  Least favorite was any form of black liquorice.  Never could understand why anyone would like something that tasted so strange.  Good & Fruity was also not high on my list, because it was neither "good" nor "fruity."

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 126 Comments