Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Can throwing mechanics be changed or improved with enough time and effort?

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
April 19, 2015 at 11:22pm
114 Comments

With all the Tebow talk that will be coming in the next few days, I'm sure there will be talk about his poor throwing motion or mechanics.

My question is can your mechanics be improved with hard work and the right coaching? It looks like Tebow was working with Tom Brady's throwing coach for the last two years, so you would think his motion would be better, right? He is not doomed by his bad mechanics is he?

Its the same thing some of us said about Torrance Gibson, that he was destined to be a wide receiver because of his throwing motion and other factors. My guess is that if he wants it bad enough he can be a quarterback, and he will be a quarterback for Ohio State.

I can remember analysts making fun of Pryor's moon balls and catapulting etc. Was Pryor just doomed to having bad throwing mechanics cause he practiced bad habits for so long in high school? Or could he have worked his tail off and improved them and made it on a franchise somewhere?

Any insight would be appreciated because I am certainly not an expert on the quarterback position.

The same goes with basketball and Aaron Craft. Can he eliminate his hitch and develop an outside threat? I would think since he can concentrate totally on his career and improving everyday that eventually he could improve and make an NBA roster.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 114 Comments