Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Dottie Sandusky quote

0 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture
March 12, 2014 at 12:42pm
28 Comments

“Do I believe him?’’ she told Matt Lauer. “I definitely believe him. Because if I didn’t believe him, when I testified at trial, I could have not said what I said. I would have had to tell the truth.”

She believes the victims’ financial gain was at play.

“I think it was, they were manipulated, and they saw money,’’ she said. “Once lawyers came into the case, they said there was money.”

*************************************************************************************************

Wow, first of all ----- I feel bad for the sane Penn State fans who don't defend Joe anymore, let alone Jerry. But, crazy people like Dottie Sandusky, Jay Paterno and Franco Harris make them look bad.

But....I gotta be honest ---- there are a LOT more crazy people out there who still support Joe than there should be. I really don't think the culture has changed that much. Maybe a hiatus for that football program would have made the cult-like sect of fans re-evaluate their priorities.

If you don't believe me, just check out some of the PSU fans on the PSU message boards, (i.e. 247 "Lion's Den". Sadly, it's an overwhelming majority who are mind-numb "Joe-bots", in denial and still supporting Joe. Some even defend Sandusky. I've gone on there before and asked simple questions, and they ban you from the boards. Over-sensitive crazies, I tell ya.

Penn State had a systemic culture problem that led to this scandal and cover-up. PSU is a unique place, and I think this could have only happened at PSU. Unfortunately, the systemic culture problem is not completely gone. Sure, it's better, but it's still a football-first mentality in State College.

Look, McQueary didn't do enough either. But, at least he did something. He told Joe and Joe said he'd "handle it". Joe (who essentially was his own boss) didn't do sh*t, though. Those who say Joe "reported it to his superiors" are full of sh*t, and they know it. Joe WAS his own superior. He was king of the State College fiefdom. But look how the PSU community treats those two: McQueary is shunned and blamed as a "rat", and Joe is still defended and a "hero".

I don't care how many good deeds you did. Looking the other way while 1 child is raped ruins the 1,000 good deeds you've done. The libraries, the dontations, the statues, etc. ---- they don't mean anything when you do the bare minimum and essentially allow more kids to get raped. When you know of child rapes going on, but you don't do enough because you want to protect your legacy....that's all you're going to be remembered for.

Also, I find it hard to believe Dottie didn't know anything. I know, I know --- we hear how "so & so was a mass murderer (or rapist or whatever) for 30 years and nobody suspected", etc.. But there were sounds coming from the basement. And wouldn't you find it just a tad  bit odd that your husband was constantly bringing young boys over and hanging out with them in the basement all night, alone. Same thing at the football facility. Straaaange. I find it very hard to believe in small town State College that a lot more people (close to Jerry, and other people) didn't know.

Now, I know a large sentiment on 11W is "but we need Penn State to look good...to help the B1G look good."... (to help Ohio State look good/big picture).  Sorry, fellas, but if I have to root for a child rape-enabling institution/program to succeed in order for my team and my team's conference to look better....then it's not worth it.

This isn't getting tattoo discounts, or ineligible players, or agents giving guys cash...it's f-ing CHILD RAPE(S)! It is THE worst scandal/cover-up in the history of sports. And all the while, PSU knew it and they were doing things like sending negative recruiting letters out during "Tat-Gate", bragging about how they didn't have any NCAA penalties, and how clean their program was, and the "Success with honor" bullsh*t. I think they should have shut down that program, then relegated them to the MAC or AAC.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments