Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Helmet Sticker error

WesPatterson23's picture
July 9, 2014 at 4:19pm
20 Comments

Today, for some reason, every time I try to give a helmet sticker, an error pops up on the page. Is this a site problem, or maybe something with the device?

jeremytwoface's picture

Seems like the site has been having some issues today... I would chalk it up to that for right now.

Or maybe they took away your voting privileges....

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+8 HS
BierStube's picture

The site knows something big is coming and is just preparing us for another 4 hours of hell!

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+17 HS
Bucki78's picture

I'd UV this but apparently I'm getting the same message.....

"But I don't have to rely on a lot of people to tell me about the traditions of Ohio State. I lived it, I breathed it, I know it and I love it." - Urban Meyer

+4 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture
Disclaimer:  My new go to upvote gif.

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Never seen that before Vinton - I like it

+1 HS
BierStube's picture

All you have to do is hit refresh after you get the message .. the UV's will work

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+11 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

I believe this is fixed now. Sorry about the headaches.

Also, anyone have $15k for a new server?

MN Buckeye's picture

We could all kick in $10 and have it covered in no time.

+1 HS
BuckeyeinToledo's picture

Guess I should buy some more things on Amazon?!

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

bigbadbuck's picture

Maybe you can use the same business plan that the potato salad guy did and offer to take pictures of the biggest contributor standing by the server........

Buckeye in Illini country's picture

Get some more hats and sippy cups (tumblers, pint glasses, etc.) on the Dry Goods site and that will be paid for soon.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+1 HS
SHAKENBAKE68's picture

Hope you are getting some sort of commission for those G&S T-Shirt sales!

Go Bucks!

There is no such thing as "friendly fire"..

OH_IO's picture

11W should consider a direct donation option (a la kickstarter/gofundme). I'm sure I am in the vast majority that would totally donate money to help better the server/site. 11W gives us so much for free... I, personally, would love to contribute. 

Oh yeah... Is it reasonable?

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

I've been accessing and enjoying 11W for years.  I support this idea.

highwire's picture

Yeah and I'm pretty sure that I am missing a few...thousand or so...

+1 HS
M Man's picture

I had a similar complaint.  I've got more than 3,000 helmet stickers, but they are all Buckeye leaves.  I seem to recall asking for little maize footballs with Wolverine images on them.  Oh well...

jeremytwoface's picture

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+2 HS
Rob Reese's picture

It just doesn't work the same irl with UM helmets.  In fact, I dare say, it looks a little odd.

sivaDavis's picture

I had around 30,000 helmet stickets but I think when the server crashed it took away about 27,300 of them. So ah, who should I talk to about that?

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes