Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Not sure if anyone pointed this out, but here it is...

RunEddieRun1983's picture
July 3, 2014 at 9:11am
16 Comments

After the Hilliard/Cornell announcements, I think anyone who visits this site with any regularity realized that the traffic basically disabled elevenwarriors like the T1000 in the liquid nitrogen while John Conner's squeaky voice pitched in and out with Arnold in the front seat of a cop car (extended Terminator 2 reference).  What I think is worth pointing out is that I personally visited a plethora of other Buckeye related websites/forums, and they were all functioning normally.  Now this is not a slight against 11w, it's quite the opposite.

Props to 11w to growing into the premiere site where Buckeye fans come to do Buckeye things.  I'm proud to be a part of this community, and I want to thank the staff for holding it down and being the best damn staff in the land.  GO BUCKS!

Earle's picture

As yesterday can attest, I think I can speak for a very large number of Buckeye fans in saying, "There are OTHER Buckeye related websites/forums???!!!"

Just say no to italics abuse.

+7 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Agreed. Every other OSU site/forum I've been to is loaded with trolls and ill-informed "fans".

+1 HS
BroJim's picture

Here, here!

I season my simple food with hunger

niblick's picture

I almost got choked up a bit when I came to the site shortly after they committed and saw it had crashed.  It was like watching your first child take his first steps.

Amazing what happens when you mix our fanbase with FANTASTIC writing/reporting, the ability to speak freely uncensored and not have hypocritical, 2-faced shit for brains cock breath moderators like NevadaBuck and the rest of the Scout morons.  The staff here at 11W is just ridiculous.  If the internet was Game of Thrones, 11W would hold the big iron chair, take that to the bank. 

+5 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

I am confused as to why you felt it necessary to post this? So you are saying that the site malfunctioned due to being unable to handle the amount of traffic during the Hilliard/Cornell announcements, which was obvious to everyone here, and that you realized that other sites were functioning as normal during the announcements? The first part of the post made it seem like you were suggesting that the other sites are developed to handle an insane amount of traffic while 11warriors is a step behind, but then it comes off like a subtle compliment to the site as the other sites didn't receive the same amount of traffic thus were able to stay online. Not that a 'Thank You' to 11w is ever a bad idea, just wondering why this had to be a forum post as we've seen a handful about yesterdays website crash. 

-2 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

I'm saying that the vast majority of buckeye fans seem to be congregating here at 11w, and it's made evident by the fact that other sites weren't experiencing the kind of traffic that 11w was, hence the crash.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

jamesrbrown322's picture

Round of applause for 11W for being the best source of everything Buckeye, and the freedom you give all of us to share our opinions, thoughts, and random, often entertaining, GIFs.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+2 HS
Earle's picture

"Hoosiers" always gets an upvote.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+1 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

the movie? sure

the current squad featuring mega-tool Tommy Crean ... never

+3 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I'm glad you gave Oyster a heads up as to what reference the gif is there.

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

I visited two other recruiting sites for the first time in a long time after the site crashed yesterday, and they both put up error messages.  Maybe they recovered faster, but they were still down.

Habu71's picture

After a quick glance at another site, I chose the 11W error message over the content of those other sites. That may say a lot about me, but I think it says a lot about 11W also. Thanks to the staff and members for making this my site of choice.

+3 HS
sarasotabcg's picture

so other sites anticipated high traffic and had back up servers in place, yet 11w is credited for going down? That's some strange logic you have there.

MN Buckeye's picture

I thought it was the memory demands of all the gifs posted at the same time that caused the issue. Does anyone know what really happened?

Jabba1977's picture

I was wondering what happened yesterday,that explains it.I love this site,it is by far the best OSU site on the web!!!

SECHATER77