Just wanted to share with my 11W fam that my second son will be born at some point today. Isaac David. Much love to you all, GO BUCKS!
Gotta be a real tough dude to take on a, more than likely inebriated individual, 2-on1. C'mon fellas, terrible look, you should know better.
I look at it like this:
1. Penn State- Revenge game against a loaded PSU roster at home. Unless they crap down their leg this year (which James Franklin is known to do when the pressure mounts), they should roll into Columbus as a very good squad.
2. Michigan- I know their roster got poached by the NFL, but at home, and they are still very talented. Should be a war.
3. @ Iowa- The Hawkeyes are always tough at home. This should be a scrap, but I think a game the Buckeyes should be fairly heavily favored.
4. Michigan State- Even at home, we know that Sparty will bring it's a-game against the Buckeyes, I don't care if they've lost every game heading into this matchup, they will fight tooth and nail.
5. Oklahoma- I'm not sure why people are so in love with OK this year? They got plucked clean of all their RB talent, their best WR, and their QB is suspect at best even though he's played a million college games. Their defense isn't going to be all that much improved, in fact they'll more than likely take a step back with a couple of key losses, and all signs are pointing to our offense being much improved under OC Kevin Wilson. People that are picking OK to upset the Buckeyes seem quite misguided to me.
That's my top 5, and the gap between 1/3 and 4-5 is pretty significant IMO.
It goes without saying, but urban Meyer>Brian Kelly. Anyone could see that.
Another insanely talented Blue chip to add to Meyer's collection. Not to mention an in-state kid.
Now let's get Carman in the fold and the rest of the big time Ohio pieces can fall in behind him. This is a big time BOOM!
Local kid makes good, wins national title with home-team Buckeyes. You can't write this stuff!
And that's kind of the split... What is that ten million truly worth? It seems like a drop in the bucket for an athletic department the size of OSU's.
I mean it's really as simple as ten million. If Smith gives Matta the last year on his deal it bails the school out from having to fork over ten million bucks to buy out his contract. After next season, Thad will be gone, and they can find the next guy.
Just the fact that both Martin Freeman, and now Ewan McGregor have been the stars of the series at one point or another, and the fact that they happen to be my two favorite actors of all time, it's ridiculous. Such a fantastic series, always so well thought out and filmed. Just can't say enough good about it.
It's pretty simple... Come to Ohio State and play for this guy:
Or go to Notre Dame and play for this guy:
I think the first option is pretty welcoming. Oh, and that guy on top with that shiny trophy? He'll get you to the NFL...
We all know that baker mayfield has a kryptonite, and that is of course the "basic" defense.
rashan Gary was the best player on Michigans defense last year, but didn't get opportunities because of upper class man depth last year. He should be scary good.
Seriously, Fargo is life. If you're not watching, you should start.
Elflein was such a steal. I can't decide between him or Curtis Samuel, who I would have loved to have on the roster this year if I could only choose one.
Man... Poor kid, kind of got lost in the shuffle, but I remember him stepping up and making that pick six against Bowling Green.
Hope for the best for him and his family.
That jamarco pic is as good as Happy jamarco... Solid take by his mom.
Denzel Ward is going to blow up on the scene, and he's going to be the next great buckeye DB. Let's just keep churning them out in Columbus!
also: the dolphins snagged the most football cognizant football player of the draft, no question.
I'm 33 years old, gainfully employed, own my home, have a child by my first wife who I take excellent care of. Her dad thinks I'm the best thing that's ever happened to his daughter. All is well.
Funny thing is, we're not religious at all, they're just names she liked.
Single syllable, begins with an R, pretty much all the names on the table go with it just fine.
I think after last year, how the team kind of "survived" some games they should've probably won outright with no question (MSU comes to mind), and how they lost to PSU, and then the beating from Clemson... I feel like this season is going to be a statement from the Buckeyes. I think PSU will be the example.
That match-up with Penn State is looming large. I feel like that game is kind of flying under the radar, but after last season's upset, I'm anxious to see how the team does against PSU this year. I'm hoping for an absolute drubbing of the Lions. We all know how Meyer feels after a loss.