Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

My Own Experience With The New Eleven Warriors Site

BuckeyeInOrlando's picture
February 11, 2014 at 7:35pm
8 Comments

I'll be the first to admit, when the new site was launched, I wasn't impressed... it seemed sloppy and didn't seem to work right. How could my absolute favorite site on all of the internet ruin such a good thing? THEN IT HIT ME... It was ME, NOT THEM. I realized something. In fact, I literally just realized it. Just. Now. When I first got on the site, I did so from work, using Internet Explorer 8. Again, not impressed... apparently the new 11W isn't designed with crappy out-of-date web browsers in mind! I finally had the chance to get on 11W from home, where I normally use Chrome. Much to my surprise, 11W is a glorious thing of beauty, as I always expected it to be. Bravo 11W staff, Bravo. Now, all I have to do is figure out how to get my company's computer guy to let me install Chrome on the work computer!

Sgt. Elias's picture

I'm one of my company's computer guys and IE8 is the standard but with a little sweet talk you can usually get us to throw Chrome or Firefox on there while bypassing the dreaded Official Request process. Call your help-desk or building IT guy and tell him an external vendor's site runs better in Chrome or FF, both browser's are PCI compliant. Your mileage may vary if your guy is a d-nozzle. 

"Okay -- I've got an El Camino full of rampage here." 

+3 HS
Bamabucknut's picture

Fire Fox is my browser of choice.

TheBadOwl's picture

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+6 HS
bucknut94's picture

The site won't allow me to post a link. I fill out all the information including the URL and it won't accept the link. I attempted to contact 11 warriors of the problem and I received a message my message could not be sent and to contact the administrator. However, there is no where on the site that tells me how to contact the administrator. I'm stuck without being able to post  a link when I want to make a comment.

OSUPhilosopherAndHomer's picture

I just discovered today that the default icon is the football player #0 with a buckeye for a head. I kept thinking to myself "How in the hell does this guy keep making all these comments?" haha. I mean he was making like 5+ posts per story, sometimes within minutes of each other!

“This is America! And in America, if something sucks, you're supposed to be able to get your money back!”
-Stan

Sgt. Elias's picture

lol that's awsome

"Okay -- I've got an El Camino full of rampage here."